Blog Archive

Monday 23 March 2015

* POEMS *

As I jump to retrieve the ball,
The crowd goes wild.
I land on the hard stiff floor,
I defend my opponent.
Snatching back that ball,
Scoring a goal.

Ava Hay


A flapper.
A puller.
A splasher .
A turner.
A speeder.
A line crosser
A fair clapper.
Thomas. B


I like hockey when I slap the ball into the goal.
I loathe hockey when I'm goalie.

I like softball when I whack a home run.
I loathe softball when I get out on base one.

I like biking when there is a light breeze.
I loathe biking when it is slippery and wet.

I like running when it is downhill or flat.
I loathe running when it is steep and wet.

I like skiing when I zip down the hill.
I loathe skiing when the chairlifts have big lines.

I like swimming if I'm cooling off in the lake.
I loathe swimming when I have to swim lengths.

I like tennis when I play my brother.
I loathe tennis when I play my Granddad.

I like athletics when I do a great long jump.
I loathe athletics when I do a terrible shot put.

Amelia Mitchell



Riding around town, doing tricks.
Showing off, doing awesome jumps.
Going fast, skidding on the gravel.
Being safe, it's time to roll!

Ben Payne


Sun setting.
Night falls.
Moaning outside my cave.
Breaking tools.
Waiting for sunrise.
Going deeper.
Falling faster.
Sizzling behind me.
Boom!!
It's over......

Christie Southwick



Sitting in the water
Getting butterflies
Looking at the judges face.
 Wondering what she's thinking?
I run over the first gate
Upset, angry, disappointed.
It was my big chance!
 Shattered into pieces.
Taking off my ski,
 Swimming to the boat.
People staring at me.
I made a fool of myself
My dad upset too.
I still have one more pass,
 Feeling good about this.

Ben Harraway





No comments:

Post a Comment